[tex-live] Comment on libfontconfig

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 5 00:02:32 CEST 2006

      > jk:
      > [...], I don't feel that systems without fontconfig are likely
      > to be the primary users of xetex, so if our xetex and xdvipdfmx
      > binaries won't run on such a system, I can live with that.

Me too.  All the alternatives seem worse.

    rk> supported the following systems:

The question will simply be what any given system has installed.  This
is fundamentally how XeTeX is implemented.

    Unless anybody intends to provide binaries for HP-UX

A volunteer (Tim Arnold) has indeed provided HP binaries for TL05 (after
the release).  They are linked from the home page.  There are also some
Nokia 770 binaries (also linked), although not a full distribution, I
think.  Anyway, I don't think any of this matters ...