[tex-live] How to do the following?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Oct 3 19:03:43 CEST 2006

Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> writes:

> P.S., I find the following incantation suffices under Windows/XP :
>
> 	[La]TeX ^&plain """foo bar"""

This, however, is not backwards compatible, and I have some doubts
that

latex """foo bar"""

(namely used without a format specifier) would work.

There does not seem much consistency here.

I don't see why you have redirected this to the TeXhax mailing list,
since it was a question about TeXlive.  I am putting this back to the
TeXlive mailing list instead.