[tex-live] [OT] chroot'ed texlive installation

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Oct 3 01:11:27 CEST 2006

    I just don't know how to figure out which system components that needs to
    be available in the chroot or how one figures this out.
    any ideas?

My idea would be to run  awk '{print $1}'  on all the scripts and get a
start at the commands needed that way.  There will also be bunches of
system libraries, maybe some semi-auto process can run ldd on the list
of cmds and copy in the libs ...

When/If you succeed, this is something which would be really worthwhile
to take a little extra time and do a clear write-up on, as an article
for TUGboat (and/or wherever), or at least a web page.  Others have
asked ...

thanks,