[tex-live] Tex-live question.

Walt Burkhard burkhard at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 2 23:21:22 CET 2006

Karl,

I have what I hope is a easy question.  I need some help with the
kpathsea mechanisms.
I have installed the full tex-live on the Mac OS X tiger system and it
all works (with the
possible exception of kpathsea.)    I have installed the X11 environment
and am running
the xterm with a tcsh shell.

When I run tex it complains it cannot locate epsf.tex/epsf.sty.   I will
paste below the
output from texconfig config showing the environmental configuration.
Moreover,
I have checked that epsf.tex/epsf.sty is located within
       /usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist/tex/generic/epsf/
Moreover, the ls-R file within  /usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-dist
contains this info as
well.

The same behavior occurs with latex -- when latexing sample2e.tex;   in
this situation.
I obtain ! LaTeX Error: File `article.cls' not found.   Once again, the
texmf-dist ls-R file
contains this location correctly.

What do I need do with kpathsea?

Many thanks in advance.