[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed May 31 11:39:35 CEST 2006

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

> The time-consuming part is going through and determining which TL
> packages/collections correspond to the monolithic teTeX.  I hope someone
> can volunteer to do this finite task -- I think several projects would
> benefit.

I doubt whether this is worth the effort.  IIRC, SuSE has split teTeX
into several rpms, I'd be surprised if RH hadn't done the same.
Debian/Ubunut/... packages are also split, as are the Debian TeXLive
packages.

Therefore I think we should rather try to come up with a reasonable set
of collections for creating rpms.  Probably also some rearrangements
between the collections are necessary; for example Norbert and Ralf are
currently collecting inconsistencies of font installation in the various
collections.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster