[tex-live] license violation in tetex-texmf-3.0 fixed

Petr Olsak petr at olsak.net
Fri May 26 15:47:55 CEST 2006

David Kastrup:

>> i feel that that description is deeply confusing.  the licence is
>> *not* gpl, it's something based on gpl -- but very seriously different
>> from gpl.
>
> For one thing, it is GPL-incompatible.  Software under this license
> can't be distributed as one compound of something containing GPLed
> software.

OK, I accept that using the letters GPL in my copyright notice is
confusing.

May be, we can more closely compare csplain license to
license of plain.tex file.

If plain.tex file can't be distributed as one compound of something
containing GPLed software then csplain can't be distributed too.

Petr Olsak