[tex-live] Strange license of ukhyphen

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri May 26 00:30:48 CEST 2006

On 25 May 2006, at 10:59 pm, Norbert Preining wrote:

> But the list of similar file names looks a bit silly for me.

Yes, I'd agree with this statement.

On the other hand, it also looks a bit silly (to me) when
distributions refuse to include the file because of this list, even
though the peculiar license doesn't really interfere with using it in
any reasonable way. I don't see that this benefits anyone.

When "free software guidelines" get in the way of sharing useful
software, I wonder if "freedom" is being defined and interpreted too
legalistically for our own good.

JK