[tex-live] Build/source/reautoconf.texk problem?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun May 21 17:46:28 CEST 2006

I'm trying to understand how to refresh the texlive configure/make
stuff, in order to be able to integrate support for building xetex.
It looks as if I should run reautoconf.texk from the Build/source
directory (rather than plain reautoconf, also found there). However,
I get an error when it runs autoconf-2.59 in texk/dvipng:

>     Running autoconf-2.59 in `texk/dvipng'
> configure:5740: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.

and a subsequent attempt to ./Build the tree fails.

By removing dvipng from line 96 of reautoconf.texk, so that it runs
autoconf-2.13 instead, the process completes with no error messages
(only some warnings), and ./Build completes successfully.

So far, I've tried this on Ubuntu 5.10, SuSE 10, and Mac OS X 10.4.6,
and in all cases this change seems necessary for reautoconf.texk to
work successfully.

Jonathan