[tex-live] Installation on Solaris 8

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 20 20:57:33 CEST 2006

    + /bin/xargs sh -c tar cf - $* \
            | (cd /usr/local/texlive/2005; umask 0; $TARPROG x${tarverbose}f -) sh
    sh: xf: not found

For sure, TARPROG is not getting set.  The question is why not.  There
is a function find_tar, defined in utils.sh, called from the init()
function in common.sh, which should be doing it.

    I also find in the output that "TARPROG=tar" and "TAROPT=".

Apparently those assignments (which is what's in find_tar) are
ineffective.  Which is strange.

Can you please send me the *entire* output from
 /bin/sh -vx install-tl.sh
?  It would probably be good to use (g)zip or something and
attach it, instead of just pasting it as regular text, since mailers
will corrupt it.

Thanks,
Karl