[tex-live] TL2005 and windvi

Harriet B Borton bortonh at rpi.edu
Mon May 8 22:28:46 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm using TL2005 on Windows, and I've have a problem with windvi
when my .tex file includes a command such as \usepackage(times} or
\usepackage{palatino).
windvi can't make the screen fonts, and the headings (bold) don't
show up. The normal (roman) text does appear, but it appears that
windvi is substituting cm in this case. (The .ps file and the .pdf
file look fine.)
In TL2003, the last version I was using, windvi didn't have this
problem.

Below is a short test file, and I'm attaching the windvi log file.
Among other things, the log file indicates that it can't find gs. So
I manually added gs to my path, but that didn't help.
Any ideas?

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{palatino}
\begin{document}
\section{this is a section head}
Some text here.
\subsection{A subsection heading}
More text here.
\end{document}

-Harriet

PS I also don't have ImageMagick. I didn't see a place during the
installation where I could select that. Does anyone know how to
select that while installing?

--
Harriet B. Borton
Applications Consultant, Academic and Research Computing
bortonh at rpi.edu