[tex-live] TL2005 for Windows: paper size revisited

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 23 20:31:28 CET 2006

Karl Berry wrote:
> Perhaps there's a general registry setting or something that could be
> inspected on Windows?  I don't know.  I don't know of anything
> systemwide on Unix, except possibly the time zone.  But that seems
> fraught with peril.

since normally the layout depends on the papersize, it's a document property so it makes sense to configure it at the document source level, and not in registries or so; when print (e.g. using acrobat) the printer driver can rescale the output to some local (letter, A4, whatever) print paper format

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE