[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 30 10:46:56 CEST 2006

David Kastrup wrote:
> Because they don't have broadband?  Or are you talking about using the
> DVD (or CD) instead of installing?  Well, because large disks are
> _expensive_ to acquire there?

hm, what is large, actually small disk are hard to get nowadays

there was a time that tex was eating up many resources (read 500 meg
unzipped) but nowadays it's getting small (fits on a mem stick of 10
euro) compared to the rest; an expanded open office takes more than a
usable tex install; even the memory that tex uses is neglectable
compared to what other progs or the os uses; a basic os (unzipped and
not running from cd) install easilly takes a couple of  gig's and
probably more if you want the fancy things as well

once we are able to run tex from zip files, people won't even notice
that it's there

(i remember the times that the ntg had this bunch of floppies that were
send in circle among members; next time i visit germany i must check if
it's indeed as primitive over there as you suggest)

Hans