[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 30 00:10:08 CEST 2006

David Kastrup wrote:
> Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> writes:
>

>> anyhow, keep ranting this way and windows people will quit from this
>> list and you will be freed from them
>>

> I still maintain that it is contraproductive to demand that every
> Windows user of TeXLive should be required to have broadband (never
> mind internet access).

one does not need broadband more than for updating linux; also, one definitely needs broadband to download the twice per year huge whole system updates on linux; which btw is why i have broadband (this is the first year that i could actually download a suse instead of buying one)

btw, i wonder how many tex users have modem only connectins, since even the cheapest broadband is cheaper than the phone

miktex users (a not neglectable group) install everything over the web

we should be careful not to make assumptions that may be wrong, maybe texies are more up to date (broadband, cable, wireless) than you assume

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE