[tex-live] Ruby interpreter in the TeXLive distribution?

Richard Gabriel rgabriel at kerio.com
Thu Jun 29 14:01:50 CEST 2006

> hm, if one does a bit more than just plain text one needs all kind of
> extras anyway (xml, graphics, viewing, etc)

Well, this is already a bit offtopic, I guess.
But,  IMHO, the TeXLive distribution should contain everything needed to  process a *.tex file by the TeX (ConTeXt in particular).
By the way, if you run for instance "texmfstart.exe texexec.rb" with no Ruby installed, it simply DOES NOTHING... :-(

-Richard

  _____