[tex-live] problem reinsstalling Windows TExlive2005
tlu at technodat.com.pl
Sun Jun 25 00:17:16 CEST 2006
Sebastian Canagaratna wrote:
> I installed Texlive 2005 successfully on windows XP, but because I
> found it difficult to get it to work with Xemacs so I unistalled it
>and installed Xemtex. This had other problems, so I unsintalled it
>and reinstalled TexLive. Now I get the error:
> error copying "C:/TexLive2005/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf":
> I tried all kinds of things like deleting the old TeXLive2005
> directory before reinstalling, but nothins seems to work.
> I have tries both the dvd and the cdrom, both give the same result.
1. remove old TeX Live directory
2. remove old environment variables: TLroot, TEXMFCNF and TEXMFTEMP
3. remove path to TeX Live/Xemtex from Path variables
4. remove tlpm*.* from your %Temp% directory
5. download fresh installer from
ftp://ftp.gust.org.pl/pub/Projekty/tlpmgui - all directory
6. close all explorer windows - important!
7. rename tlpmgui-1.33.exe to tlpmgui.exe - recomended
8. run tlpmgui-1.33.exe or tlpmgui.exe and install TeX Live
If you have Ghostscript or Perl already installed, you should unmark
these collection. Current version of tlpmgui recognize PERL5LIB and
GS_LIB and query you whether to modify these variables or not.
Unfortunately collection will install if you don't unmark manually.
Please let us know on our list tlpmgui at gust.org.pl.
TECHNODAT Sp. z o.o. tel +48 32 2382337
ul. Kościuszki 1c tel +48 32 3314484
44-100 Gliwice, PL mob +48 602 524713
More information about the tex-live