[tex-live] %& in metapost?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 19 00:22:54 CEST 2006

    It is mentioned in the manual, but 'makempx/mpto' do not actually
    create '%&' lines, that is strictly under user control.

Ah, right.  I should have reread my own writing :).

    As far as I can see, the banner is only controlled by src_specials_p,
    file_line_error_style_p and parse_first_line_p (all three can be set
    from texnf.cnf).

Yeah.  The other two are off by default, but I guess adding an explicit
setting would be good.

    To get a "true" Knuthian TeX, you have have to disable some of the
    command line initex options (-enctex, -mltex, -8bit) as well, since
    they store information in the format file.

I'm not too worried about options.  Since users must explicitly specify
them, it should be pretty clear to them that they are deviating from
Knuth.  If not, not our problem, anyway.

Thanks.

Karl