[tex-live] svn problems

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Jun 8 11:36:58 CEST 2006

On 8 Jun 2006, at 10:16 am, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Hi Karl!
>
> On Mit, 07 Jun 2006, Karl Berry wrote:
>>     Password for 'norbert':
>>
>> 1) does
>>   svn list svn://preining@tug.org/texlive
>> ask for a password?  It shouldn't (more than once).
>
> Thanks, no it is working. I forgot that I never have submitted
> anything.
> BUT: It is strange: I have checked out as preining at tug.org, but when
> submitting without having saved the password it assumes user
> $localuser.

The repository allows anonymous read access, and therefore svn didn't
really use the "preining@" at all when you did a checkout, and so
this username wasn't saved.

> So *ONE* time you have to specify the username and password, than it
> works. Why it doesn't propose the right username in the beginning, I
> have no idea.

It proposes your local username if nothing else is either specified
in the command or already cached; and it only caches your credentials
when it actually authenticates for the first time, which hadn't yet
been needed.

HTH,  JK