[tex-live] Proposal for collection reorganization

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 5 00:08:51 CEST 2006

    don't know about TL proper

I haven't updated context in TL yet.

Norbert/Frank, do you rebuild the Debian packages frequently?  E.g., do
the updates I have been making get reflected in some Debian test
package?  Or do you only trigger Debian building manually?  What I'm
really asking is whether there is any value to updating supp-*.tex now,
separately from updating context?

    could put these two files into the MetaPost collection instead?

Well, of course those two files could be moved, just requires some more
script hacking to move them out of a context directory when context is
updated, and into some other directory.  I'd have to think about how
best to handle it.

Anyway, it does seem to make sense to separate them so that (La)TeX
users can benefit from them without necessarily having to install all of
ConTeXt.  Hans, is it ok with you?  (Naturally, they wouldn't be in any
big latex package either, so that context users would have to install
all of latex to get them :)

Thanks,
Karl