[tex-live] Proposal for collection reorganization

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jun 4 13:41:32 CEST 2006

Hi all!

On Son, 04 Jun 2006, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> >* charter
> >	move charter from fonts-extra to fonts-recommended
> >
> >	Reason: PSNFSS asks for these fonts
> >
> this is a bit puzzling. why does it need charter?

No idea, this is what it is stated in 00readme.txt of psnfss:
-----
Fonts required for PSNFSS
The "Base 35" fonts
Adobe Utopia
Bitstream Charter
FPL (=Palatino SC/OsF)
Pazo
Computer Modern
RSFS (Ralph Smith's Formal Script)
Euler Math

> >* Remove collection-pdfetex and move all the files into latex-base or
> >  latexrecommended?
>
> I think I'd put ifmslide, pdfslide and pdfscreen in latex-extra these
> days. and surely pdftricks belongs with pstricks?

Makes sense. This was not a fully finished proposal, just a start of
discussion. If we kill this collection, than some packages will be moved
here and there.

Thanks Sebastian!

Best wishes

Norbert