[tex-live] limited and unlimited volunteering

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Jun 3 12:45:02 CEST 2006

On Don, 01 Jun 2006, Karl Berry wrote:
> 2) infinite task: help me with updates!  It's hard for me to even keep
>    up with the daily uploads to CTAN, let alone the backlog of the last
>    six months.  It doesn't require any deeply technical or TeXnical
>    knowledge, mostly a bit of careful attention to what is happening and
>    a tiny bit of perl+sh programming on occasion.

2 questions/ideas:

- is there a list of not-already-updated packages? Can the list be put
  into the svn repository? Maybe the mailbox of not done CTAN announce
  emails?

- there was a script to do the updates, but I haven't used it for some
  time. Can you give a quick note on how it is used, how we would
  upgrade a package? This would help some people (ctan2tds or so).

Best wishes

Norbert