[tex-live] Re: Any news of DVDs ?

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Jan 26 22:04:44 CET 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

> I've just burnt a second copy (at home) and it manifests
> the same symptoms as my office copy : it doesn't autoplay.
> Looking at the file structure, there seems to be one
> unnecessary level of indirection, with everything being
> dumped in a directory "texlive" rather than at the top-
> level, as a result of which (I think), Windows doesn't
> see "Autorun.inf".  Is this an error in the ISO file ?

In fact it is not stand-alone ISO, but part of a greater one DVD
distributed as "TeX Collection 2005". However you can use it,
as described in the documentation (run tlpmgui directly, etc.).

We know that "live" installs sloooowly on Windows. Paweł Jackowski
adapted the program just befere a release and it uses standard Windows'
xcopy :(. Sorry for that, but you know: no time, no help from
anybody else, etc.
Please use "inst" TL version which installs quite fast.

All the best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl