[tex-live] Directory structure

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Thu Jan 19 17:48:48 CET 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Karl Berry wrote:
> >
> > My impression is that it is better for users if documentation for a
> > package is in one place, where feasible.  Whether it is
> > doc/fonts/devanagr or doc/generic/devanagr or whatever does not matter
> > as much as the doc for the package being together.  Including samples
> > and README's.  Feel free to make a subdir for samples, e.g.,
> > doc/fonts/devanagr/demos.
> >
> doc/generic/devanagr sounds best to me.

If so, please follow that also for *all* macros, e.g.,
tex/generic/devanagr/
I completelly agree with Karl's good suggestions. As for my taste,
the main contents of devnag package are fonts, other files (macros)
serve mainly as support for using *fonts*. So (perhaps) it would be
better something like:
doc/fonts/devnag (with a subdirectory for samples)
tex/latex/
tex/plain/
fonts/ (all the font stuff)

The final decission is in your hands.