[tex-live] \pdffontattr in pdftex-1.40.0-rc4

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 05:48:18 CET 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> I'm trying to run the vntex testfiles with the current pdftex release
> recently uploaded to the TeXLive repository by Martin.
>
> Can anybody tell me what the warnings mean?
>
> pdfTeX warning (\pdffontattr): font \^^@ has conflicting attributes

in the intended cases it means, that it was tried to add two different
font attributes to the same font dictionary. But here is a case where
this happens even without:

\pdfcompresslevel=0
\nopagenumbers
\font\aa cmr10 at 10pt
\pdffontattr\aa {foo}
\aa abc
\font\bb cmr10 at 11pt
%\pdffontattr\bb {bar}
\bb abc
\bye

Both TeX fonts refer to the same font dictionary. So there is only one
font, and this gets the attribute "foo".

> I get a lot of these messages.  The (pdf) output seems to be ok.

The above source creates the right PDF. Maybe we need to get rid of the
warning here.

Regards, Hartmut