[tex-live] pdftex 1.40

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 27 23:58:01 CET 2006

    > lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users       9 Dec  7 23:13 altpdfaleph -> altpdftex

The altpdf* scripts (something to do with Gerben's distribution, as I
recall) should be getting generated by the build at all -- they aren't
for me.  I removed them from texk/texlive/Makefile.in in r2662, after
vvv reminded me that their time is past.  Reinhard, maybe your machine
is finding a different fmtutil.cnf?  Can't imagine how else they are
showing up.

The fact that some of them linked to the wrong binary goes to show how
critical they were :).

karl