[tex-live] pdftex 1.40

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Dec 27 22:32:46 CET 2006

  > Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
  >> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users 9 Dec 7 23:13 altpdfaleph -> altpdftex
  > aleph is not pdftex
  >> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users 9 Dec 7 23:13 altpdfcont-en -> altpdftex
  >> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users 9 Dec 7 23:13 altpdfcont-nl -> altpdftex
  >>
  > never heard of these two
  >> lrwxrwxrwx 1 reinhard users 9 Dec 7 23:13 altpdfomega -> altpdftex
  > also strange

Yes, it's strange indeed but it is obviously fixed already.  I don't
remember whether I explained already what I'm doing.  Well, I just
added a line to the TeXLive Build script which copies all files from
the inst directory to a directory which is in PATH if, and only if,
the build succeeds.  The target directory will never be wiped out by
any script, hence it contains stuff from previous builds unless I
remove it manually.

What I sent to the list was the output of "ls -l|sed -e '/Dec 27/d'".

BTW., the files you cited are symlinks.  Last night, after I sent the
mail, I executed "texconfig init".  It looks better now.  texconfig
calls the program texlinks in order to re-create all symlinks and it
seems that this also removes rotten symlinks.

There is no reason to worry.  What counts is what is built currently.

I extended the Build script for another reason, but it turned out that
it's sometimes quite useful to see which files had been removed from a
previous build.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25