[tex-live] win32 and Gs

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Dec 23 16:54:31 CET 2006

>>>>> "Staszek" == Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw at gust.org.pl> writes:

  >> /Helvetica findfont quit

  > I did such test before my upload.

Good, many thanks.  I just uploaded the gs sources to Master/source as
required by the GPL.  Hope this was correct.  What I could do after
Xmas is to convert all zip and tar.gz files in Master/sources to
tar.bz2 in order to save some space.

  >> Apropos, can you check which linebreaks getnonfreefonts.bat has
  >> on your system?

  > It is the only .bat in bin/win32 having u*x LF EOFs :( I've
  > already corrected that on svn repo.

Many thanks again.

  >> > After unpacking it into temporary directory it can be
  >> installed, > eg.  setupgs.exe c:\gs so Gs is also registered in
  >> win's registry, > and then can be unistalled by the standard
  >> procedure.  The TL > installer will do that, and also set PATH
  >> and GS_LIB.
  >>
  >> Does the uninstaller notice that the fonts are already there?
  >> Usually they are an extra package.

  > setupgs installs in fact 2 packages: fonts and gs to be
  > uninstalled separatedly.

  > The only problem is that both gs and tl have pdf2dsc.bat. I'd
  > rather remove it from TL bin/win32/, OK?

I just removed it.  This file had been missing in TL2005.  I uploaded
it when it was unclear whether gs will be updated.

Regards and merry Xmas,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25