[tex-live] win32 and Gs

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sat Dec 23 02:19:03 CET 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> As far as I can see it looks good.  If you want to be sure that the
> correct fonts are found just start gswin32c and type:
>
>   /Helvetica findfont quit

I did such test before my upload.

> Apropos, can you check which linebreaks getnonfreefonts.bat has on
> your system?

It is the only .bat in bin/win32 having u*x LF EOFs :( I've
already corrected that on svn repo.

>   > After unpacking it into temporary directory it can be installed,
>   > eg.  setupgs.exe c:\gs so Gs is also registered in win's registry,
>   > and then can be unistalled by the standard procedure.  The TL
>   > installer will do that, and also set PATH and GS_LIB.
>
> Does the uninstaller notice that the fonts are already there?  Usually
> they are an extra package.

setupgs installs in fact 2 packages: fonts and gs to be uninstalled
separatedly.

The only problem is that both gs and tl have pdf2dsc.bat. I'd rather
remove it from TL bin/win32/, OK?

All the best,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz