[tex-live] xetex and fontconfig

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Dec 13 21:09:56 CET 2006

  > I've just committed some configure modifications (svn rev. 2716).
  > For those who have fontconfig installed somewhere other than
  > /usr/lib and /usr/include, it should now be possible to use
  > --with- fontconfig=DIR to specify the prefix; thus,

  >    ./Build --with-fontconfig=/usr/X11R6 (...other options...)

  > should work for systems where it is installed under X11R6, for
  > example.

Staszek wants to build all binaries except xetex on his old machine
and asked me to adapt the build script so that files are installed
where he wants to have them.  He has no time to do it himself.

When I run configure --without-xetex I still get:

 checking for fontconfig header files... yes
 checking for FcInit in -lfontconfig... (cached) yes
 checking for Mac OS X ApplicationServices framework... no
 configure: tetex build enabled, LIBS now: -lkpathsea -lm  -lfontconfig

What will happen if the fontconfig headers are not found?  Will
-lfontconfig be omitted then?  I assume that an old machine is slow
and I don't want that Staszek runs into trouble.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25