[tex-live] possible improvement of the build process

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 25 00:30:59 CEST 2006

Hi Vladimir,

    please consider adding the AM_MAINTAINER_MODE to configure.ac

Thanks for the note.

I use AM_MAINTAINER_MODE in Texinfo for precisely this reason.
However, I am not too inclined to poke it into other packages'
configure.ac.  It is controversial, so there's little use
suggesting it to "outside" maintainers, and most of the TeX packages
don't use Automake, just Autoconf.

Anyway, it should not matter too much.  As long as the timestamps as
they are checked in to the repo are correct, no regeneration should
happen.  It would make things easier, but ...

Best,
karl