[tex-live] XML/DOM directory in Build/tools

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri Apr 7 20:17:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

can anybody tell me what the history of that directory is?  I'm trying
to run a script that has been derived from the texlive scripts from
outside the texlive tree (actually, from outside Norbert's Debianization
tree which contains a copy of the Tools directory), and it only works if
the XML subdirectory is copied along, even if XML::DOM is installed on
my system.

I only have version 1.43 of that Perl package, but the diff I got
between it and the texlive tree doesn't change much if I compare with
1.44 instead.

Have these changes communicated to the XML::DOM developers?  Or is it
planned instead to extract the changes to a separate module?

Or does it just work and nobody dares to touch it?

TIA, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)