[tex-live] alpha-linux build incomplete

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Fri Sep 23 22:47:54 CEST 2005

"NP" == Norbert Preining writes:

 >> some binaries in alpha-linux were recently rebuilt, but others are
 >> dates 2004-09-21.

 NP> I only submit those binaries which have actually changed, ie
 NP> which differ with respect to cmp oldbinary newbinary I prefer it
 NP> this way to keep up/downloads small.

this is error-prone. e.g. you missed the fact that now odvips is a
symlink to dvips. but in current alpha-linux binaries odvips is a
separate binary and differs from dvips:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 vvv vvv 396704 2005-08-23 20:40 alpha-linux/dvips
-r-xr-xr-x  1 vvv vvv 396568 2005-06-02 03:05 alpha-linux/odvips

shall i remove odvips and replace it with a symlink to dvips?

Best,
v.