[tex-live] Release date

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 23 19:13:43 CEST 2005

    Say 2 weeks from now.

Sorry, I'm not clear as to what you're proposing to happen in two weeks,
but for sure, the more testing the better, at any time.  Asking "real
live users" to test is ideal.  Let me know what we can do to help.

My current take on our status is:

- code is frozen (modulo the first line of texi2html)
  and no changes are expected
- we need a new context and maybe lm to go along with it
- the usual flow of other package updates continues but nothing very major

- I have almost finished updating the English documentation.  The
  changes are relatively small, compared to last year.  So I hope
  (dream) the translators will be able to update their documents
  reasonably quickly.

On the other pieces:
- Staszek and I have to review the proTeXt documentation, but otherwise
  I think it is ready.  (And has been for ages.)
- We hope to put some kind of MacTeX test image next week.

So I guess it is coming together, agonizingly as always ...

Thanks,
Karl