[tex-live] some remarks

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Fri Sep 23 13:13:51 CEST 2005

"OW" == Olaf Weber writes:

 >> link to libgcc_s.so.1 and libstdc++.so.6 which are unlikely to be
 >> found in default installations.

 OW> This is one reason why I prefer to use the native compilers on
 OW> IRIX; perhaps that's also an option for the Solaris build?

for now it was easier to add the stdc++ hack into Makefile.

 OW> (Note that you may end up replacing one build issue with
 OW> others...)

i remember having other problems last year when i was building TeX
Live with SUN compiler... maybe will try next year :)

 OW> If the configure script find libiconv it gets linked in, and I
 OW> found no simple option to prevent this.  For the IRIX build I use
 OW> a script that removes the '-liconv' from the xdvi Makefile after
 OW> configuring.

i found that it was also necessary to rename /usr/local/include/iconv.h
otherwise it was included instead of system /usr/include/iconv.h and
it redefines iconv_open to libiconv_open which is not found in system
libraries.

after this rename, removing -liconv worked (otherwise there were
unresolved symbols libiconv_open & friends because of
/usr/local/include/iconv.h).

Best,
v.