[tex-live] Debian TeXlive and gsftopk

Martin Pokorny martin at truffulatree.org
Wed Sep 21 18:37:34 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have recently re-installed the Debian distribution of TeXlive, and have
encountered a few problems. Before re-installing, I followed the advice on the
TUG web page, and purged all TeX packages and manually deleted various texmf
directories. Anyway, the problem occurs when I'm running ConTeXt, trying to
create a PDF file. The messages would indicate that gsftopk cannot be found
(which I cannot locate either):

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 72 --mag 1+0/72 --dpi 72 uplb8r
/usr/bin/mktexpk: 264: gsftopk: not found
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for uplb8r.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Warning: pdfetex (file uplb8r): Font uplb8r at 72 not found
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 72 --mag 1+0/72 --dpi 72 uplri8r
/usr/bin/mktexpk: 264: gsftopk: not found
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for uplri8r.

My previous installation of TeXlive was able to build the PDF without a problem.
Can anyone send me a clue?

--
Martin