[tex-live] Antomega format and directory structure again...

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Wed Sep 21 04:12:56 CEST 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Thomas Esser wrote:

> [...]
>   $ fmtutil --showhyphen lamed
>   .../texmf-dist/tex/lambda/config/language.dat
>
>   $ fmtutil --showhyphen latex
>   .../texmf-dist/tex/generic/config/language.dat
>
>   $ fmtutil --showhyphen cont-en
>   .../texmf-dist/tex/context/config/cont-usr.tex
>
> The names language.dat, cont-usr.tex, language.def etc. are defined
> in fmtutil.cnf. These files are searched along the search path for
> the given format. That's why the result for lamed is different from the
> result of latex.

I've checked the current state on TL (antomega has not been yet touched
since TL2004), and I found that when building lambda and lamed formats,
both read:
texmf-dist/tex/lambda/antomega/hyphen.cfg and than antomega.cfg
and uni*.def files, but, unfortunately, we don't have
/texmf-dist/tex/lambda/config/language.dat in TL, so they read
generic/config/language.dat.
(Thomas can we borrow that from teTeX? btw what's the source
of that file?)

So both formats are somehow broken in the sense already described by
Thomas (lambda stays untouched), but not so broken in the sense proposed
by Alexej (lambda is well prepared for reading 16-bit hyphenation
patterns).

To conclude, the best way is to make separate antomega format, I think.

Ps. Alexej, would you please sending me any example for antomega?

Thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl