[tex-live] Re: antomega [was: Multilingual LaTeX: Greek, English, and UTF-8]

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Sun Sep 18 20:39:29 CEST 2005

> I do not think we should do this at this late date.  Just let the status
> remain quo.

Well, I just have has a closer look at antomega, and if we put everything
aside and just try to see how this would fit into TDS-1.1, I come to
the following conclusions:
  - antomega provides its own hyphen.cfg, so is classifies as a format
    of its own
  - ocp / otp files belong to omega/ocp/antomega resp. omega/otp/antomega
  - the package needs some support for finding files in omega// (to be
    able to check for existance of some files)

So, I would end with the following in texmf.cnf
  TEXINPUTS.antomega = .;$TEXMF/{tex/{antomega,lambda,latex,generic,},omega}//
and
  antomega          omega           language.dat    antomega.ini

The resulting directory structure would be
  doc/antomega/base
  omega/otp/antomega
  omega/ocp/antomega
  source/antomega/base
  tex/antomega/unidata
  tex/antomega/base
  tex/antomega/encodings
  tex/antomega/hyphen
  tex/antomega/config

I think that this would work with TL and teTeX-3.0. I suggest to
proceed with this proposal and to discuss all remaining issues (e.g. the
introduction of tex/<engine>) on the TDS list.

Find my repacked antomega at
  http://tug.org/teTeX/antomega.zip

Thomas