[tex-live] Question: windows?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 16 01:45:13 CEST 2005

Hello Harriet,

    there will be an installable windows version included.

There will at least be an installer for the inst version.  It should be
in the next pretest.  Whether there will be an installer for the live
version is not clear yet.

    since there were several preliminary installers contributed during

There is one cmdline installer for Windows; as I understand it, it works
only with inst.  Then there is a TCL-based installer built on top of
that, so it also works only with Windows.

Then there is the Python-based one, which works on live, but I am not
sure if it will actually be usable.  The author hasn't replied to my
last couple emails, but I have hopes he's just away for a few days,
since he was very responsive before.

There are other projects in an even vaguer state.

    If not, do you know whether a ProTeXt CD will be included like last
    year?

Yes, there will be an updated proTeXt this year, regardless of what
happens with the TL windows installers.

Best,
Karl