[tex-live] new LM v. 0.99.2

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed Sep 7 10:30:56 CEST 2005

retitle 298194 New version 0.99.2 with fixed fixed-width fonts available
thanks

Staszek Wawrykiewicz <staw at gust.org.pl> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, [iso-8859-1] Frank Küster wrote:
>
> FK> I seem to never have received an answer to my question whether *all*
> FK> issues with the monospace fonts not being monospaced are now
> FK> resolved? It was still present in 0.98.
>
> Bogus{\l}aw Jackowski answered:
>
> *All* issues will never be resolved -- you know, that after removing an n-th
> bug there is always an (n+1)-th one ;-)

I know... But good to hear that it should be okay now.

> But at least the problem of stretchability and shrinkability of spaces
> has been fixed (actually since ver. 0.98.3, 05.04.2005):
>
>    LMTCSC10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTCSO10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTL10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTLO10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTLC10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 3.5    (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTLCO10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 3.5    (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTK10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTKO10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTT10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTT12.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 6.175  (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTT8.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 4.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTT9.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 4.725  (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTTI10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>    LMTTO10.AFM:
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  2: 5.25   (space)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  3: 0      (space stretch)
>      Comment TFM fontdimen  4: 0      (space shrink)
>
> Have I forgotten about something important? It's quite probable...

I don't see anything - Florent?

> Ps. The unusual width of musicalnote (e.g., in lmtt10, it has the width equal
> to 641.5, while other glyph have the width equal to 525) will not be changed
> as it is old Knappenian tradition ;-)

Regards, Frank

P.S. Sorry for the fullquote, but I'd like this info to be accessible in
the Debian BTS.

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich