[tex-live] Re: Please drop the DVI-with-pdfTeX hack!

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed Sep 7 10:27:42 CEST 2005

"George N. White III" <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

> The principle of one surprise at a time says let users get comfortable
> with seeing pdfetex in logs of jobs that create .dvi files, then
> spring the primitives on them in the next release.

Which would be the 2005 release.

It seems that arguments are mostly exchanged, there's nothing new to be
said.  I just wanted to let you know that Markus Kohm has encouraged me
to bring this up again this week - he's on vacation now -, and to urge
you to do the switch now.

It's up to you to decide; but you should decide.  Not making a decision
because "it's better to do the real work" is bad, since you'll get the
same questions over and over again.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster