[tex-live] documentation

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Thu Oct 27 12:00:54 CEST 2005

Quoting Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:

>   > Well, if you can make a patch for the texdoc .dat file, I can
>   > install it :).
>
> I fear that, unlike texdoctk, texdoc simply uses ls-R as a database.
>
> Thomas recently mentioned that one can define aliases, but I think
> that it is best if the authors provide fixes.

It may be best, but is it practical?  Will aliases help when you have
dozens of manual.pdf files?

I suspect it is much easier to make changes in texdoc to support
"package/manual".  On systems that support symlinks one could process
the doc tree to make package/manual.pdf -> package/package.pdf.

--
George N. White III
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia