[tex-live] Re: License of fonts included in X.org sources

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Oct 23 14:20:43 CEST 2005

Quoting Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:

>   > One does not need to mention PDFTeX in that context.  But remind
>   > me: just what Adobe tool is replaced or endangered by PDFTeX?  Do
>   > they have a general purpose typesetting program?
>
> Do people use typesetting programs for typesetting today?

Sure, when they aren't using MS Word.  From my personal sample, PageMaker is
still the favorite, but the sample is biased towards people whose business is
producing "coffee-table" books with a high ratio of color art and the bare
minimum of text.

My cousin still sets metal type by hand (in addition to wedding invitations, a
big part of his business is fixing mistakes made by big printers in things like
corporate annual reports).

--
George N. White III
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia