[tex-live] HELP: TeXlive for Debian: How should I solve this problem

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 6 17:18:42 CET 2005

Norbert Preining wrote:

>collection-pdfetx includes the package pdfpages
>the Package pdfpages depends on the packages eso-pic
>but eso-pic is in collection-latexextra

pragmatically, move eso-pic to "pdfetex" collection

>Similar problem:
>collection-pdfetex includes texpower
>texpower depends on tpslifonts
>tpslifonts is in collection-fontsextra

texpower does not absolutely *depend* on tpslifonts, surely?

>How should I continue with this, any suggestions?
>Make a Enhance? Make a Suggest? Ignore the problem and ignore the bug
>reports coming in?

depends on each case, I think. I'd make a Suggest for that tpsiflont thing

>2 similar problems were easier to solve:
>pstricks depends on pst-uml
>pst-uml depends on multido
>multido is in generic-recommended
>	I let collection-pstricks depend on collection-genericrecommended
>
>collection-latexextra contains beamer
>beamer depends on pgf
>pgf is in collection-pictures
>	I let collection-latexextra depend on collection-pictures

reasonable decisions. I think you just have to keep making them.
after all, there will be many many more - dependency info
between packages is notoriously lacking in TeX-world.

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk