[tex-live] Proposal for a tex-base package

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Wed May 18 19:24:28 CEST 2005

Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at cybercomm.nl> wrote:

> I am not sure what you are trying to do. It would seem logical to
> place a regular texmf tree with configuration files under /etc,

This is not trivial, unless we have two TeX configuration directories
below /etc - one for the direct TeX conffiles, one for the
meta-configuration files.  I don't recall all possible pitfalls ATM, but
there are a couple.

Therefore currently no TEXMFCONFIG tree is used in Debian's teTeX
packages, rather all configuration files are installed somewhere below
/etc/texmf with appropriate symlinks to them from below TEXMFMAIN.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich