[tex-live] osfontdir

Thomas Esser te at dbs.uni-hannover.de
Fri Mar 25 19:11:35 CET 2005

> >With the original formulation, when OSFONTDIR was empty, the path would
> >look like .;$TEXMF/fonts/afm//;//
> >Perhaps the name would be better as EXTRAFONTPATH or HOOKFONTPATH or
> >some such; I can imagine it being useful for things other than OS fonts.

I don't particulary like to clutter the configuration with paths and
variables which *might* ease user's configuration. We could as well put
a setup.bat (and a setup.sh and setup.csh with burne shell and c-shell
syntax) with a template somewhere which has:
  set fontdir=c:/windows/fonts
  set T1FONTS=;%fontdir%//
  set OPENTYPEFONTS=;%fontdir%//
  set TTFONTS=;%fontdir%//