[tex-live] debian packages status report

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sat Mar 5 20:02:15 CET 2005

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> schrieb:

> For the moment, I have installed into /usr/share/texmf, and put
> binaries into /usr/share/texlive/bin, which are then symlinked to
> /usr/bin. This works, but it is not very proper at all. We now need to
> review the exchanges between Frank and Norbert and sort out some of
> these placement issues.  We also need to check the installation
> scripts against teTeX and make sure the behaviour is the same. We also
> need to make it all work with multiple architectures.

Remember that I suggested to have a "tex-common" package.  It could take
care of all the merging of information from the different packages into
a common updmap.cfg, fmtutil.cnf, etc.  However, I'm currently getting
some hope that teTeX-3.0 will make it into sarge, and therefore will
concentrate my work on this.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster