[tex-live] TexLive 7 m-pictex

Cherry Kearton cherry.kearton at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 11:32:42 CEST 2005

Dear TexLive,
                      I have installed TexLive 7 on my new Dell Inspiron
1200 laptop with Windoes XP, and when I latex a file which uses pictex
faults occur.  I have \usepackage{m-pictex} in the file, and the
following is in the attached log file (m-pictex seems to load OK).

! I can't find file `prepictex.tex'.
\loadpictex ... \relax \else \input prepictex.tex
                                                  \relax \input
pictex.tex \...
l.242 \loadpictex

Please type another input file name:
(c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf/tex/latex/tools/.tex File ignored)
! I can't find file `pictex.tex'.
\loadpictex ...ictex.tex \relax \input pictex.tex
                                                  \relax \input
postpictex.t...
l.242 \loadpictex

Please type another input file name:
(c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf/tex/latex/tools/.tex File ignored)
! I can't find file `postpictex.tex'.
\loadpictex ...x.tex \relax \input postpictex.tex
                                                  \relax \fi \fi \ifx
\norma...
l.242 \loadpictex

Please type another input file name:
(c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf/tex/latex/tools/.tex File ignored)))
(c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf/tex/latex/tools/enumerate.sty
Package: enumerate 1999/03/05 v3.00 enumerate extensions (DPC)
\@enLab=\toks28
)
(c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf/tex/latex/tools/showkeys.sty
Package: showkeys 1997/06/12 v3.12 Show cite and label keys (DPC)
)
\c at theorem=\count104
 (./naka.aux)
\openout1 = `naka.aux'.

              Also, what has happened to TEXINPUTS and BIBINPUTS?  Where
can I put files that I want to inputs, apart from in the current directory?

                Many thanks,

                Cherry Kearton

--
Dr Cherry Kearton, Reader in Pure Mathematics,
Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Durham,

Direct line: +44 (0)191 33 43080
Fax:         +44 (0)191 33 43051
Email:       cherry.kearton at durham.ac.uk