[tex-live] potentisal conflict in name

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 3 19:57:53 CEST 2005

Akira Kakuto wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>>I don't know what glyphlist.txt is or how it is used or how it should be
>>>updated.  (Or if it matters.)  Can you explain, please?  Or ask Cho?
>>
>>it's a big table of glyph names and unicode slot numbers; it's the first time i
>>see that file; i'll try to figure it out
>

> dvipdfmx searches for the glyphlist.txt by kpse_program_text_format,
> so it should be under $TEXMF/dvipdfm/.
>
> (
>   Runtime program name of dvipdfmx is "dvipdfm" since it
>   starts by kpse_set_program_name(argv[0], "dvipdfm")
> )

concerning map files ...

   TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{$progname,pdftex,dvips,}//

should work ok for all backends although it's handicapped by the fact that in
the case of context during a pdftex run it becomes

   TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{context,pdftex,dvips,}//

(lucky me that there is no fonts/map/context)

and in case of plain, probably something:

   TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map/{pdftex,pdftex,dvips,}//

(i assume that kpse removes duplicate search paths from the expansion; the
second pdftex entry cannot be removed because else in a context run pdftex would
not be able to locate the map files)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE