[tex-live] TPM: Problem with RunPattern not really selecting a file

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Jul 29 15:15:37 CEST 2005

Hi Karl! Hi Sebastian! Hi all!

I have again a problem:

On Fre, 22 Jul 2005, Karl Berry wrote:
> I don't think it can be done automatically in the current framework,
> because these are in texmf/tpm/whatever.tpm, and texmf tpm's are based
> on the <...Patterns> statements in the tpm files; the tpm-factory stuff
> does not try to do anything automatically.  So format.foo.cnf has to be
> added to the RunPatterns in bin-foo.tpm.  Can you take care of that?

Ok, I have done this: (bin-latex.tpm)
      <TPM:RunPatterns>
texmf/fmtutil/format.latex.cnf
texmf/tex/generic/config/preload.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/*
texmf/tpm/bin-latex.tpm
      </TPM:RunPatterns>

Then I recreate bin-latex.tpm with
perl $tm/Tools/tpm-factory.pl   --master_dir=$tm --dest_dir=/tmp
--ftp_dir=/tmp     --tpm_dir=$tm/texmf-dist/tpm       --clean
--patterns=auto --name=TLCore/bin-latex

and it is rewriten, I see it. BUT: THere is noting wrt format.latex.cnf
in the RunFIles:
    <TPM:RunFiles size="7906">
texmf/tex/generic/config/preload.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/color.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/graphics.cfg
texmf/tex/latex/config/hyperref.cfg
texmf/tpm/bin-latex.tpm
    </TPM:RunFiles>

Can someone explain me why the format.latex.cnf is not included in the
RUnFiles part?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
RAMSGATE (n.)
All institutional buildings must, by law, contain at least twenty
ramsgates. These are doors which open the opposite way to the one you
expect.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff