[tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages are ready for testing

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 21 00:36:26 CEST 2005

    its not a great split, but its a small price
    to pay to make it play with Debian

As someone working on both texinfo and tex live, it sounds quite yucky
to me.  Why does the texinfo tpm need to be split up because of these
new Debian packages?

In general, why bother having "texlive" versions of packages which
Debian already has, like texinfo, lcdf-typetools, texi2html, and
probably others?  Sorry, I find it all impossible to understand ...

    why would the lmodern package be more up to date than texlive?

Since we release TL once a year (if we're lucky), "most" packages/styles
will be out of date "most" of the time.  This is not news to you.