[tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages are ready for testing

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Jul 21 10:56:29 CEST 2005

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     the bugs in the texinfo package are actually upstream issues,
>
> What bugs in the texinfo package?  I am the upstream maintainer.  Most
> bug reports I've received recently were resolved in 4.8, which Debian
> didn't have.

Any of the 23 normal, minor, or wishlist bugs, not marked "forwarded to upstream" on
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=texinfo&archive=no&version=&dist=unstable

The 4th and 7th are (or rather were?)  probably a Debian issue, the
others under "normal" all look like upstream problems.  It would have
been Josip's responsibility to contact you (or to orphan the package)

>     it turns out that texlive-texinfo is better than the current Debian
>
> texlive-texinfo is exactly the same as texinfo 4.8.

I meant "if it turns out that the Debian package "texlive-texinfo" is in
a better shape than the current Debian "texinfo" package ..."

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich